Saturday, January 10, 2009

Magic Poo Stain Remover

This is a post I snagged from a friend of mine who has a baby in the NICU. I had never heard of this helpful tip so I wanted to pass it along in hopes that it will help you too. Enjoy!

She writes:
"I brought home a pile of dirty linens from the hospital yesterday. Leaky or loose stoma bags are messy business.

One of my baby's NICU nurses shared this poopy remover trick with me last night. I tried it this morning and it was every bit as magical as she had promised! She thought it might only work with Lemon Cascade, but I only had Orange Electrasol and it worked absolutely perfectly. I thought I would pass on the tip.

On the first few items, I tried my usual tricks with Shout and then Awesome, neither of which did anything to remove or even lighten the stains, even with vigorous scrubbing. Then I busted out the Electrasol, sprinkled a little bit over the stains, rubbed very gently for less than 10 seconds and the stains completely disappeared before my very eyes! In fact, the first stubborn spot disappeared while I was sprinkling powder on another spot. I turned the tiny nightgown over to start rubbing at the first spot and it had already disappeared! I couldn't find it ANYWHERE!!!! It took 100% of the special yellow poopy stains out of every single blanket and nightgown in the pile.

*I rinsed them out thoroughly right away to make sure they didn't bleach for some reason, which they didn't. I don't know if it will work on poopy stains that have already been through the washer and dryer, or poopy stains that aren't that special yellow newborn variety. I can tell you that I'm going to try it on all stains from now on, just to see!"

No comments: