Friday, February 13, 2009

Orange Soda: More Flat than Fizz


I am not one to really go off on a company that annoys me. I tend to think more like this: "You're a dork, we all know you are a dork so I won't waste my awesome, superior brain power on dorks like you." But in this case I'll make an exception...

Last year I signed on with Orange Soda Online Advertising to help me promote my online business. We started out small with a plan to work our way up. I signed on to have them post my company in as many directories as possible for $35 a month. In a few months they were supposed to contact me (according to the sales person) to see how else they could help me. A few months went by and nothing. Not the best impression, but oh well. After about 6 months I began to be intrigued with the idea of how long would it take them to actually call me for the next step.

As I suspected it took them to the end of my contract...exactly one year later I got a call, which I ignored. The next week I called them on my renewal date to cancel my revolving contract. (This call took place yesterday, on Thursday)The conversation was pleasant enough until they asked me why I was canceling. So I told him. Apparently he didn't like my answer so much.

Oh, the he I am talking about is Dan, my personal account manager. The last time I heard my Account Manager was Jason. Who's Dan?

So I told Dan that I am pretty much done with Orange Soda and to stop my account and not charge me for the month. He tells me that my account has already been charged, yesterday(Wednesday) and cannot be refunded. I am indignant about it but, ok, that just proves that my decisions to fire these doughheads was the correct one...but just to be sure I get off the phone with Dan and go check my Bank Statement (you gotta love the internet) no charge from Orange Soda which would have been there had he charge me yesterday. Could it possibly be true I was lied to? Ummm....

Fast forward to today (Friday)...I check my online bank statement again today and there it is... oh but wait! There are not one but, count 'em folks, TWO of the exact same charges to my bank account from Orange Soda...WOW! I guess Dan showed me who's boss! He charged my account probably the second he got off the phone with me...NICE! Thank goodness for being able to dispute charges, which I promptly did for BOTH of them. We'll see how it turns out! In the meantime I intend to tell anyone who will listen to me how nice and customer friendly Orange Soda and my account manager Dan are. I want everyone who is capable of clear reason to know that Orange Soda cares about small businesses and dealing fairly with everyone. And then I have some beachfront property in Mesa to sell ya!

Did I mention the name of this awesome company is Orange Soda?

No comments: