Thursday, December 4, 2008

Dear Debbie...

I just wanted to send you a quick email to say thank you for offering preemie clothes that really fit and are NICU friendly. My son was born Aug 24, 2007 at 25 weeks and weighed 1lb 11oz. He is getting ready to celebrate his one year birthday next month and now is about 16 1/2lbs! He is our little miracle and fortunately doesn't have any of the typical issues that a 25 weeker normally has. The only thing he has is a slight case of reflux. It was a rocky road in the beginning and he had to have 2 surgeries but he recovered beautifully and today you would never know (except that he is smaller than most 1 yr olds) that he was a preemie.

I attached a some pics - one where he is just a day old, one when he was 6wks old wearing his preemie tee for the very first time and also a recent pic. Being able to order clothes that fit him made me feel a little more "normal" through my NICU experience. Because of your affordable prices I was even able to buy a few items for other families that we met.

The Halloween costumes were so great! - I also attached a pic of him in his pumpkin outfit from preemie tees. I made the gown part of his outfit out of a t-shirt and paired it with the hat & bib from preemie tees. It made us feel a little more like normal parents to dress him up for his first Halloween - even though we couldn't take him out and parade him around :)

A friend (located in Canada) just recently had a preemie and the first thing I did was go online to preemie tees to buy a few outfits for her. I can't wait to get them so I can send them. So thank you for your work in making affordable, cute, well made preemie clothes available. It meant a lot to us and made our 105 day NICU stay a little better :)

Take Care,
Sherry Proulx

No comments: