Saturday, April 5, 2008

Introducing Evelyn Janet Cardon

It has been several months since I have added to this blog. We have been very busy since Christmas time. We have had many significant events in the past few months and it has been a whirlwind living life so the reporting of it has suffered. But now that things are starting to calm down and I have a chance to breathe I want to report on several things that have happened over the past few months.

First I would like to introduce to you my new granddaughter - Evelyn Janet Cardon! She arrived on January 7, 2008. She was a full-term baby, and for that we are deeply grateful! She weighed 7 lbs. 3 oz. and she was 19 inches. And she has red hair just like her Mom! Here is her first picture with her beautiful Mommy and my daughter Brooke!

Brooke helps me with the sewing of the Preemie Tees. She does all of the entering in the orders in our bookkeeping program. Then she irons on all the interfacing where the snaps go. She sews the pattern pieces together, snips the threads and marks all the Tees for snaps. So you can see she has a significant role in our company. So, when Evelyn was born we had a major hiccup in production. So we decided to shut down our advertising to slow our sales way down until Brooke could come back and help us. During the two months of Brooke's recovery from a C-section. During that time I got to love and hold my sweet little granddaughter.

Evie is now almost 3 months old and she weighs 11 pounds! That is just crazy because Elliot is almost 3 years old and he weighs 22 pounds. We think she is going to pass him up before too long. Here is a picture of both of them on Easter. Brooke made the cute little dress for Evie and I made the tie for Elliot.

No comments: